Habitat for Humanity
- PURPOSE: To put God’s love into action by building homes, communities,
- NEEDS: Volunteers to assist in construction and/or donations to assist
with the costs of construction.
- CONTACTS: (615) 890-5877 organization
- St Paul’s contact: Newt Molloy
- Website: http://www.rchfh.org/
- ST. PAUL’S PARTICIPATION & VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES –
Panel Build project coming Fall 2016.
Christmas Card Project
- PURPOSE: Provide greeting cards for the clients of Journey Home and
other area non-profits who care for the homeless and economically disadvantaged.
Mail the greeting cards that are turned in to the organizations.
- NEEDS: Volunteers to pick up and mail the cards. Unused Christmas cards
and stamps. Monetary donations for cards and postage.
- CONTACTS: Liz Huber
- ST. PAUL’S PARTICIPATION & VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: Early November thru
Christmas. Place Christmas cards at locations after contacting that specific
ministry. Pick up addressed cards and mail. Replenish cards as needed.
- PURPOSE: A Christian outreach center for homeless and at risk individuals
and families in Rutherford County. Journey Home provides meals, clothing,
food, and counseling services for its clients.
- NEEDS: Volunteers for food service, clothing closet, garden, or office
- CONTACTS: Organization Volunteer Coordinator-Lisa Chappel 615-347-3739
- St Paul’s contact: Liz Huber
- Website: www.lovegodservepeople.org
- ST. PAUL’S PARTICIPATION & VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES – Serve lunch the
2nd and 3rd Friday of every month from 11am to 1pm.
Prepare and serve a dinner meal the 2nd Sunday of every month.
Coldest Nights for Women
- PURPOSE: To provide safe and warm emergency shelter for homeless women
at St Paul’s from 9:00PM to 7:00AM when overnight temperatures go below
30 degrees. This mission is in conjunction with First Baptist Church which
provides shelter to homeless men. First Baptist also provides transportation
and security at both locations.
- NEEDS: Volunteers,donations
- CONTACTS: Journey Home -Scott Foster
- St Paul’s contact: Amy Burns
Healthy Gardens of Murfreesboro
- PURPOSE: To supply individuals and families with the tools and education
necessary to grow their own fresh, nutritious produce. It teaches responsibility,
promotes self-sufficiency and empowers families living in subsidized housing
to take control of their own food source
- NEEDS: Volunteers are needed for planting days to act as mentors. Donations
of supplies, plants, tools, and monetary donations are welcome.
- CONTACTS: Lutheran Services of Tennessee (615)-331-3453
- St Paul’s contact: Liz Huber or Janet Arning
- Website: www.lstn.org
Death Row Ministries
- PURPOSE: To fulfill Jesus’ command to visit prisoners
- NEEDS: Volunteers to befriend men on Tennesse’s death row.
- CONTACTS: St Paul’s contact: Ron Clemmons
Salvation Army Bell Ringing
- PURPOSE: To provide St Paul’s volunteers for bell ringing on 4-5 scheduled
dates in early December.
- NEEDS: Volunteers to host bell ringing at Salvation Army kettles at
specified retail establishments
- CONTACTS: Organization (615) 895-7071
- St Paul’s contact: Mary Probert
- Website: http://salvationarmytennessee.org/murfreesboro/
St. Paul's Quarterly Food Drive.
- PURPOSE: St. Paul's Episcopal Church sponsors quarterly food drives
each year to support the efforts of the Rutherford County Emergency Food
- NEEDS: Coordinators/volunteers to schedule and advertise food
drives. Other volunteer tasks include collecting food bags, counting items
donated, and loading into a truck on the day of the food drive. Volunteers
to deliver food to the food bank and return to retrieve red bags.
- CONTACT: Organization (615) 895-1148
- St. Paul’s Contacts: Stacey
and David Owen
- Website: http://www.rcfoodbank.org/
Angel Tree Ministry
- PURPOSE: To provide Christmas gifts for children ages 3-5 from Oakland
Court and Mercury Court preschools
- NEEDS: Volunteers to purchase items specified on the Angel Tree which
is displayed from October to early December. Volunteers are also needed
to organize and deliver the gifts.
- CONTACTS: St Paul’s contact: DeAnna Bartsch Or Mary Armour O’Reilly
- PURPOSE: A faith based, inter-denominational non-profit that provides
food, counseling, clothing, Job skills training, and adult education to
underprivileged families and individuals.
- NEEDS: Volunteers to provide motivation and encouragement to the persons
- CONTACTS: Organization (615) 494-0499
- St Paul’s contact: Jim Carpenter
- Website: www.greenhousemin.org
Comfort Ye Ministries
- PURPOSE: The goal of the Comfort Ye Ministry is to meet as many of the
needs for the aged and infirm as possible. Many health-care organizations
and hospitals use the Comfort Ye Ministry for assisted-living equipment
to aid their patients, no matter the age, in recovery.
- NEEDS: Gently used medical supplies and equipment
- CONTACTS: Organization (615)-890-3834
- St Paul’s contact: Bonnie Black
- Website: www.heartlandbaptist.org/comfort-ye-ministry
Doors of Hope
- PURPOSE: To provide mentoring and training to those non-violent individuals
nearing release from incarceration in Rutherford or Canon County correctional
- NEEDS: Volunteers to provide mentoring. Donations also accepted.
- CONTACTS: Organization (615)-900-0634
- St Paul’s contact: Marcie Richmond
- Website: http://opendoorsofhope.org
Boys and Girls Club - Academic Success Program
- PURPOSE: Our programs foster life-long learners by supporting academic success today, setting higher college and career goals for tomorrow and providing access to tools and technology that prepare them for the 21st century. We also encourage our youth to develop their creativity and cultural awareness through knowledge and appreciation of arts through programs, opportunities and new technology.
- NEEDS: Volunteers to assist with homework, tutoring, mentoring. Summer programs do not have homework assistance but include reading skills and other academic assistance.
- CONTACTS: Organization: Maggie Fisher 615-890-2582 email@example.com
- Saint Paul’s Contacts: Bill Whitesell, Marta Van Hoose and Nancy Loucky
- SAINT PAUL’S PARTICIPATION & VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: to provide educational assistance to Boys and Girls at the Murfreesboro Club facility.